So, this is a really random recipe with an interesting story behind it…
So, being a guy who lives alone (I mean, I have roommates, but anyways), I pretty much eat the same old thing day after day and I don’t really get bored. Usually I marinate chicken with barbecue sauce or a proper marinade. Well, when you run out of those and don’t have time to go to the store (or you’re just flat out lazy), you improvise! I had some Parmesan salad dressing leftover so I decided to marinate the chicken with that and head off to work. Long story short, it turned out to be quite good!
Then, I got my head turning a bit and thought of a different way to do this. What if I did Parmesan crusted chicken?? That could be good!! This recipe came about because…well, i didn’t have barbecue sauce or marinade, and no Parmesan salad dressing. Shucks.
So, after many attempts to get it right and one call with my Dad, I figured it out, and it’s honestly pretty darn good. I’ve never made them the same way, since I use different amounts of chicken and Parmesan cheese and garlic salt each time, but it can be modified pretty easily to fit the needs of your taste buds!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 tbsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Cut your chicken width-wise to get thinner chicken.
- Mix together garlic salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on a plate until spread evenly
- Coat chicken in the mixture, covering both sides evenly.
- Place chicken onto a medium or large saucepan and set to medium.
- Cook both sides about 4-5 minutes, turning every 60 to 90 seconds.
- After each side has been cooked at least once, add in the olive oil. Adding it in before sometimes causes the mixture to fall of the chicken.
- Cook on both sides until Parmesan cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of rice or pasta and veggies and enjoy!
This recipe is super easy to make! My favorite combination of this recipe is with Alfredo pasta and either green beans or snap peas. Also, please keep in mind these measurements are definitely approximate! Feel free to add more ore less of whatever you want – I almost always will add more Parmesan cheese.
Serve it up and enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Parmesan Garlic Salt Crusted Chicken”