Need a quick, warm dinner in the wintertime? I can attest that this chicken noodle soup will definitely warm you up and keep you warm with the hearty noodles and chicken. This is an easy and classic chicken noodle recipe, but with a healthy and yummy twist! It’s perfect for quick evening meals, or for a sick kid who wants to eat something a little more substantial! It goes great with bread rolls or saltine crackers for more sensitive stomachs.
Prep time: 10 – 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- Rotisserie chicken works great here too!
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth or stock
- Alternatively, 4 cups broth and 4 cups water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ standard size bag of whole wheat egg noodles
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ large yellow onion
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic with butter until golden. Add carrots and celery and stir until tender (about 7 minutes).
- Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to the package.
- Add chicken and bacon.
- Serve it!
Yes, it’s that easy. Make this in bigger batches and freeze it in screw top containers for those times when you want soup but don’t want to make it! Thaw it out over the duration of the day, then in warm water in the sink, and warm it up in a pot for 7-10 minutes right before serving. Delicious!
See more recipes right here!